Miscarriage...

I came home from work today and started cramping and went to the bathroom and a gush of blood and clots came. I think i miscarried :( Im right at 3 months. Im fixin to head into the hospital and was wondering what procedures will they hospital take? Will i have to wait for them to call in my doctor or will the do an ultrasound and tell me to follow up with my obgyn? I really dont wanna wait :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Aw, *hugs* I lost a baby too, though it was a bit earlier than that. The hospital will probably do an ultrasound to see if a D & C is necessary (where they dilate the cervix and curette any leftover remains of the pregnancy so that you don't bleed to death or get an infection). It's not pleasant, but the emotional pain is worse. Allow yourself to grieve.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I bleed with my daughter for months she is now 2 yrs old ....but i have had 2 miscarriages ...With my first miscarriage I went to the ER and they told me the bad news. They called my ob and I was schedule for a d&c. The next morning around 4 am. ( I wish I didn't have a d&c I wish I just let it pass naturally) 6 MTHS later I became pregnant and had another miscarriage. I let it pass naturally this was 7 MTHS ago. Im sorry you are going through this. Take it easy :(
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2011