I want to be pregnant but my husband doesn't want to have anymore children yet... :/

I see pregnant women every where and wish it were me. It is almost heart breaking sometimes b/c I know my husband doesn't want another child right now. Our son will be 2 1/2 next month so we are dealing with full blown tantrums now and my husband thinks we need to wait or atleast thats what i am understanding from him. I have talked to him about what I want and he doesn't flat out say no to another child but doesn't say yes or when either. My neighbor (who recently moved 15 min out of town) just had her baby boy. My heart literally just MELTS when i get to see him. Is it just a momma thing to melt over a newborn or the fact that i can't hardly stand the idea that i won't be having another anytime soon. I miss every bit of a new born. The other day when my neighbor came to church my son got to see the newborn and he looks at me and says momma i want a baby...broke my heart even more :( I just want another one so badly.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm in the same place. I see new babies or pregnant women and it just makes me jealous. But he wants to wait a few years. I guess we are stuck. I don't think I'll be finding someone else...
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think it's better to wait til you're both on board. I wanted only two kids children close in age, but not too close and I talked to Dh about it and then I just waited for him to bring it up again. I didn't want to push, but I was ready for our second. That was when Dd was about 12 months old and he finally brought it up when she was 18 months old. Good luck!
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 2:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i think you move your desire on something else for a while till you and you HB will be on same board, be patient you never know from where good thing will come to you runnin ;) and your son is still too young ... give you HB more time to love the idea without been so opsessed abt it otherwz he'll hate it more and more ... have a break and think about something else ;) hope he'll change his mind soon ..gd luck !!
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It is better to wait until you are both ready to take on another child. I was recently in a similar situation, but Hubby changed his mind when our little on started asking for a brother. Good luck =)
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 8:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2011