Most kids love candy, especially chocolate. My youngest son doesn't care for it, I think it's unusual. What about your kids?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Food & Drink

• my 2yo has only had chocolate a handful of times and talks about it like it's all we feed her
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 1:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My son Hates Macaroni and Cheese. He is the only kid I have ever met who doesnt like it..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My 3 year old LOVES chocolate! I ate it a lot during my pregnancy so I think that is why! We only give him a mini chocolate bar from Trader joes sometimes. He thinks it is the greatest having his own bar of chocolate!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My 6yo isn't that crazy about chocolate either he much rather have a handful of cherries.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• One of my kids really does not like chocolate.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My kids love chocolate. They take after mommy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My son likes chocolate and candy, but he greatly prefers peppers, olives and pickles. As he no longer believes in the Easter Bunny, he asked me if I would fill his basket with just a little candy but to please include jars of banana peppers, pepperocini's, large dill pickles, hot pickles, pimento olives, black olives, ect. On Easter morning he grabbed a fork and ran to his basket and went to town on pickles and peppers; I sampled the chocolate.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 3:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Children can not be generalized. One of my sons does not eat candy often; and rarely eats chocolate. My other son likes candy but rarely asks for it. I have found a part of the key to controlling it is moderation. If you deny them totally then they will want what the other kids have that they can't. That is how my best friend in elementary school was. If you expose them to it and let them have it, then most likely they will not go overboard. That is not to say there is no chance of it happening, but it is less likely.
    mommyhelmic

Answer by mommyhelmic at 8:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2011