Did anyone lose a parent (death) when they were a child? How do you feel that it impacted you when you became an adult and getting into relationships?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I am eager to hear these answers.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I don't think it affected me in my adulthood or with relationships, but it affected my childhood and the circumstances I was put into because of his death. But as an adult, I cannot hold myself to the things of the past - there comes a time when you have to move past what's been done to you and create a better future for yourself (I was about 15 when I came to that realization). My dad died when I was 3.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 5:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I didn't lose to death my dad left at 11 haven't seen him since I'm 38 it sucks
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• my dad passed away when I was 10 and it took me a long time to allow myself to get close to another man; it didn't impact me in a negative way just took a long time to trust because of the fear of losing them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011