Favortism

Do you moms secretly favor one of your kids? Maybe favor isn't the right word, maybe you have a stronger bond with one of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I treat equal but hubs favors dd
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It depends on the day. I love all of them but there are days that I like one more than everyone else. LOL. It is usually the one that is the least obnoxious. Seriously, my oldest and I are very close because he was an only for seven years and i was a single mom with just him for more than five of those years. My second son is my blessing. I had him while I was single and he and my first son are seven years apart. The circumstances of his conception were not ideal and I was all he had for four years until I met my now hubby. My older daughter is my first girl and my mini me. She is the sweetest most loving child ever. My baby is my miracle. I conceived her nine months after my auto accident. I am wheelchair bound and the pregnancy was horrible. She keeps me motivated in my recovery. I have a special bond with each one for a different reason.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I treat mine equally for the most part, but I often find myself thinking, why can't you be more like your brother. I would NEVER say that to any of my kids. But like you, I have a bond with my oldest because he was an only child for so long and a different bond with my youngest just because he is my baby.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I do not favor 1 over the other, or have a stronger bond with one over the other. But I have a different relationship with each of them, because they are such individuals.My firstborn was always a more difficult child. She demanded more attention growing up, and caused us more heartache. She is also my "shopping" buddy. When I want a girls day out, she's the one I spend it with. My second born is my only son. He was in Scouts, and I was a den mother when he was a cub scout. I encouraged him in his scouting, and helping him complete his Eagle scout on time. He doesn't live near me any more, but when he visits, we have a great time. My middle daughter has social anxiety disorder. She is afraid of people. She nearly died when she was 8 from a ruptured appendix. My DH and I suspected all along that she might never be able to leave home. She and I do housework together and just talk. My youngest is smart. She'll go far! Love 'em!
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I have a dd who is 18 and a ds who is 9. These are 2 different worlds. So, I do things with each child that they like to do or we like to do. So, I have a strong bond with both kids.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011