I simply asked my SO to watch a great movie with me called "northface"

he's been saying no for so long to this movie and is not giving it a chance
he says he doesn't want to watch a bunch of rich white men climb a mountain
it's a cultural bias so i wanted him to open up his mind and not be so judgmental of it without even watching it
i said "will you watch if FOR ME!?"
he still said no
is your husband ever in such a box that it just pisses you off!
it's two hours of his time, that's all im asking, how can he just say NO when i do so much sacrificing for him.
unfair, it makes me want to make things fair and right
next time he's watching a movie i can't stand, i WILL say turn that off because i want it off
NO MORE SACRIFICING IF THAT'S HOW IT IS!
this is a very small example, but it happens all the time
do you ever feel like you give more than you receive? does it make you feel like maybe you should stop giving??

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't like 'keeping score' in our relationship. To me, a relationship is give and take, compromise, and communication. It is NOT about who sacrifices more, who gives more, who does more. I personally don't want to make my DH watch something he doesn't want to- I try to pick things I know he'll like, and if he doesn't, I am not offended in the least.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Have you already seen it? I assume you have since you called it a great movie.

So if that's the case and you have already watched it and he is set against watching it, pick something you can both enjoy.

At some point in every relationship it is going to feel like you are giving more than the other. It's a natural feeling. It makes you feel like you want to stop giving, but the moment you do, you might as well end the relationship because relationships are about give and take.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Well would u have wanted him to be miserable watching it to make u happy id let it go
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2011