Had a c section on Thursday and feeling so sad and in tears at all times...

Why am I feeling so blue ? I keep thinking of when my husband is going to get back to work and I can't help but feeling depressed. Depressed about life going back to normal and me not being able to handle it all alone. I don't want to be alone!!!! Am I going nuts? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i had c section with my son 2 years ago and now fixing to have a repeat c section i was scared with my first but trust me the mother instincts will kick in and you will know what to do its a scary thing to tackle in life but as woman our instincts kick in when it comes to our kids you will eventually know what cry means what they want
    mommyoftwo19261

Answer by mommyoftwo19261 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Sounds like you could really use some help.
    With all that is going on, it's perfectly understandable to feel overwhelmed, upset, exhausted, so much more...
    Do you have family or a postpartum doula to call on?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I went through the same thing, I know it seems so overwhelming but I promise it gets better. Your hormones are all messed up right now, which doesn't help either. Cry, let it out, it's ok. We're here if you need us.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I was like that after a vaginal birth. I eventually ended up taking meds for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I had my son when I was 21 and my ex was working nights n sleeping days n would not help not even to drive me to the doctors...so I was on my own...its hard but it will be ok maybe talk to ur doctor about ur depression just in case its post partum
    canibalkittykat

Answer by canibalkittykat at 2:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I was that way after my emergency c-section. We were having a lot of trouble nursing, too, which only compounded the problem. It sounds like you might be having some post partum depression. Could just be the normal hormonal fluctuations mixed with emotions of an unplanned c-section (if that was the case for you). Reach out for help anywhere it's available. Friends, family, professions. You are NOT alone, mama. Hugs!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• you are not alone. I was very worried when my hubby went back to work but I realized very quickly that I knew EXACTLY what to do, all along. the instincts are there! you will be fine! it's sooo hard in the newborn phase, but just look into those angelic lil eyes and it will all be worth it!
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 4:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You are definitely not alone! The hormone roller coaster after you deliver is brutal. I remember my husband coming in to our LR, I was sitting there holding our son with tears just rolling down my cheeks. He asked what was wrong & I honestly answered that I didn't know.

Things should even out, but if they don't, go see your doctor. Post-partum is serious & common but treatable. Don't suffer in silence!

As for feeling overwhelmed, it is overwhelming, but you will be OK. You can handle this!!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Post Partum Depression. Perfectly normal. Depending how long it lasts, it may or may not need treatment. Mine went on for about two and a half months. Keep taking your vitamins it will help.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I dont think its technically considered post partum depression until you've been feeling that for a week or 2. A lot of women feel what is called "baby blues" after they have a baby. I didnt have a c section but after I had my daughter I cried all the time for the first week and I was terrified when my husband had to go back to work. I didnt want to be alone. Taking care of a new born and adjusting is very hard especially with a c section because its a longer recovery time. But it does get better, your hormones are still adjusting. But still you should talk to your doctor just so that they know whats going on and can keep an eye on you and advise you.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2011