Bug bite...PLEAS HELP ME!! if u can.

My son has somethin on his leg that is ab the size of a quarter, pink, with like 10 little bitty blister bumps and it is like hard when u touch it. Does anyone know what this could be? He had somethin smaller once before.but.I.just figured it was a mosquito.bite.

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Meant to post this somewhere else vut I guess toddlers 1-2 is a habit. Whoops!
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 1:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Doesn't sound like a mosquito bite, but I bumped you, so hopefully you can find an answer.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• can u take a pic and upload it?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• it almost sounds like a spider bite my mom had, but I want to sse it before I say anything else.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Um I'm on my phone so I dont think I can take a picture of it. Or I would bc I really need to know!!
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 2:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Not sure what bit him but I do know that when my friend got stung by a scorpion repeatedly on her leg it became a hard red lump from the poison...make sure there to check his bed n clothes maybe a spider is hiding?...hope the lil guy is all right n watever it is go away (also I'm hispanic n my grandmother would rub alil clorox on stings from bees and scorpions it eases the pain and I think its suppose to draw out the poison I'm not sure)
    canibalkittykat

Answer by canibalkittykat at 2:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Can you give a bit more info? Is he screaming in pain? Is it hot to touch? Has he been playing outside?

My experience with insect bites and kids is that they are pretty traumatic for a few minutes but usually just stop hurting and go away on their own within half an hour or so. We always have cream in the cupboard to ease the sting of bug bites, though, as they can be very painful..
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My bffs kid is super sensitive to bug bites, buy flea bites maker her blister like that! We freaked out and took her to the ER. They blistered and leaked nasty stuff, and they gave her benadryll cream
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 2:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• What kinda symptoms does he have?? Any? Did he get in doors or out? Does it itch? Is it painful for him?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Or has he been playing by a wood area? Maybe a tick bite?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2011