Welfare and school

Honestly I feel like this whole last year I have been working so fucking hard to get into college and I feel like saying fuck them! A year and I've gotten no place at all. I'm so damn frustrated. Now I see why some ppl just opt for the private school. If I can't find a job I just may do that. I'm not sure anymore. All I know is I have 2 kids to support and I want off of welfare like NOW I hate it and its taking a toll on my pride and my sense of self worth. >:( so is not being able to get where my heart wants me to go. I just wish that God would bring my heart peace if going to school is not whats in his plans for me right now. Like PLEASE make my heart stop hurting from the disappointment. I'm just tired of trying. When would you give up on your hopes and dreams and take an $8.00 an hour job even though welfare pays more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• woohooYou can NOT give up on your dreams that God has placed on your heart. What are you wanting to do? I would love to chat with you about your options. Message me. I am thinking and praying for you. Check out my profile page and let's chat! I believe in YOU!!!! I am here to cheer you on!!

mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Is there a reason you can't get in? Not trying to be nosy, just wondering what is going on. Do you apply and not get accepted? And God can't just take away pain, if you feel it isn't the right time, with all these setbacks, you should try getting a job doing whatever you can. And in another year or two try and look into college again, have you looked into any online schools?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Coming out of college, all employers want to pay is 8-10 anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I had a job offer after college that offered 12.30 an hour. After the interview though I found out it was just on call and they wanted someone with more experience. I keep trying though. It is tough when way more people are looking for jobs than ever before. I will pray for you!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 4:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Have you tried starting with community college?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Remember, it's $8/hour to start. It won't be like that all the time. The only way to make a higher wage is experience or school. If school isn't working out, go get experience.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Don't give up on your educational dreams. Things may be harder to get into right now because of the economy, but that will change. Just keep applying. Do they have wait lists?
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yeah the community colleges are the ones I can't get into. I have 2 close enough by me too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• We all have frustrating days but just keep plugging away and know that you can do it. In the long run it takes effort to get anywhere in life so don’t stop trying.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I have bad days and I go to school too. Sometimes I get very tired of not making it but I know that if I work hard in school I will get a better job and I won't have to live this way forever which I would be doing if I just take the dead end $8 an hour job. You may have to take that bad job to pay for some classes so that you can get into college. Unless you have gone to college and not gotten good grades so you are on a susupension or you committed financial aid fraud you can always get into a community college but you may have to take some adult education classes first before you can start a degree. You also have to have a high school diploma so you may need to get one of those. A GED doesn't get a person as far as it used to.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 12:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2011