My 2 y old can climb onto my kitchen counters!

How did Daddy find out? There are toys mixed in with the cups and glasses in the overhead cupboards! LOL

judimary

Asked by judimary at 2:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was a very adventurous climber when he was little and it used to scare me but he never fell, so finally I just threw up my hands and let him climb. Now 20 yrs later he is in the Air Force and he snowboards, jumps out of airplanes (with a parachute lol), jumps off cliffs into deep water and has excelled in survival training. I guess some thing are just in the genes.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 2:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My 3 yr. old without using a chair; I caught him on video lol. He will just use his arms pull himself up then use his feet to climb up the counter. Guess he saw me do it one too many times. And he is tall for his age and big. I caught him on the fridge the one morning. He was trying to get the cereal for himself. I know lock the kitchen door with those locks that go on the knobs.
    F_Stathouse

Answer by F_Stathouse at 2:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My daughter was the same at that age, I about had a heart attack the day I walked into the kitchen and saw her sitting on top of the stove. After that we we locked her out of the kitchen until she got older
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 2:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yeah, my son is 7 and his motor skills are nothing compared to this little girl! She's a monkey! Our kitchen just extends from the living area, no door, so locking her out isn't an option, but I'm always keeping an eye on her, so I'm not too worried. Just thought the toys in the kitchen cupboards was funny. We've gotten used to finding toys in our bed and shoes and so on, but this was a new one.
    judimary

Comment by judimary (original poster) at 2:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• so glad neither of my girls have figured out they can climb in the kitchen! My kiddos have chosen to be dogs and sit on the back of the sofa parking at people who walk by.. funny thing.. we've never had a dog!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Ha, that's so cute. Kids can be so adorable!!!
    judimary

Comment by judimary (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• my kids sit on the sofa and yell at the window at cars that go by its so cute .... as for climbing i have no chairs in the kitchen i have the table pushed up againt the wall cause there is a lip under the window that they were climbing on to get onto the table all of my cabnets at ground lvl are baby locked shut unless they pulled on them hard enough and broke the locks then they are screwed shut needless to say i have 9 cabnets i can use at this point in my life the drawers that come up from the floor are all screwed shut cause they were pulling them oput and climbing but now they just put there toes on the drawer lip and climb they pulled my stove door off once they know how yo unlock it so they play in my stove all the time ...i never use it so its storrage...... but i do use the top so it kinda scares me about 1 being on top and the other managing to turn on a burner ummm i could go on and on
    shannonnlotuz

Answer by shannonnlotuz at 6:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i found them sitting in the top of there closet one day hanging out they had climbed up there dresser we have put a "L" braket on it to hold it to the wall umm they climbed up there crib and managed to climb out the top of there window a few months ago i dont know how long they were go i never heard them leave i went in there room to wake them from a long nap and they werent there i was running down the hall when my neighbor came over draggin them cause they were terrified of her but they were covered in mud so they had to have been out for some time we have since removed there bed till it gets to cold to sleep on a matress on the floor and bolted ther window shut untill they get old enough to know better
    ..... oh ya i have 23m old twin boys lol
    shannonnlotuz

Answer by shannonnlotuz at 6:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• OMG, wow. What a handful!!
    judimary

Comment by judimary (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2011