When did your child hit their rebellious age? Did it happen more than once?

I think my 4 year old is having her rebellious age right now or she's just being moody, but she's been giving me and my husband an attitude today. I don't know if it's because of my room mate's kid (because she has an attitude) or if she's just jealous of there being another kid in the house, but it's really starting to concern us and stress us out!

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• It started 25 years ago and hasnt stopped since but dont let that scare ya.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I agree with Sarah961--if you've had 4 yrs old smooth sailing consider yourself blessed.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 2:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I haven't got there yet I'm not anticipating this
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My kids are 13 and 16 and I haven't really seen it yet. I've always dreaded it I was a crazy teen, but they are just good boys. I've apparently done a better job than my parents. Their toddler years and elementary years were pretty easy, and this teenage thing hasn't been too bad.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Kids will go through little rebellious stages several times. The first is when they are transitioning from infancy to toddler hood, then when they transition from toddlers to preschoolers (terrible twos). Later they can be rebellious as they transition from preschoolers to school children, and again at the pre-teen stage, and finally at the teenager-to-adult stage. Every step that they take towards maturity can be a time of rebellion and pushing the barriers. This is normal, although it doesn't have to be unpleasant.

Your daughter may be wanting to grow up a bit and want more responsibility, or she could be afraid of growing up and feel that you are not giving her enough boundaries. Be sensitive to her needs, but you do not have to tolerate bad behavior. Continue to set rules and demand respect.

For more help, you can check out "Happy Child Guide". It is available online, with some free downloads.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2011