PRENATAL VITAMINS

CAN THEY HELP YOU GET PREGNANT?

MRZDAUGHERTY

Asked by MRZDAUGHERTY at 4:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• No. But they can help your hair and nails grow
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 4:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• yep my doc gave me two medcaments , they dnt help to have a baby but to have him healthy
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yes and no. Getting healthy helps any woman to get pregnant but any daily vitamin will help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• fingers crossedwhen i was trying to get pregnant my dr stated me on Folic Acid. I would start on that now. you can also have your hubby take a daily vitamin as well. I cant remember exactly what it is, Lycopene possibly. Google it. Because there are things that the man can do as well. Good Luck!!

mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yes. If you are not conceiving due to a missing vitamin/mineral.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• FertilAid ...I heard those do but I don't know about prenatal vitamins but it is a good idea to take one every day.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Prenatal vitamins are vitamins to help get your body ready for a baby, so if you are planning to conceive or TTC, it wouldn't be a bad idea to start taing some, you can get them over the counter at local drug stores or even at walmart. I am currently taking FertilAid, it is an over the counter fertility supplement, it increases your chances of fertility by increasing your cervical mucous and it also contains some off the same things found in prenatal vitamins. I also take a folic acid supplement, which they say is good for every woman of child bearing age to take. hope this helps
    Wanabmommy

Answer by Wanabmommy at 3:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If you are TTC I would take a prenatal. The longer you take a prenatal (up to months) before conceiving.. the more the future baby benefits. Also.. it CAN help if you're not conceiving due to vitamin deficiencies. I would also recommend taking extra folic acid if you are overweight. Also.. make sure you get plenty of Vitamin D and Omega-3's.
    Gwenleona

Answer by Gwenleona at 7:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2011