Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged/Leave the judging to God

Do you believe in these sayings and live by them?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I do. I always have.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I try not to be judgemental, but it is in our human nature to judge to some extent, some just judge more than others and on bigger things, we have all judged a book by its cover at some stage or another, even if its just by a random thought that passes through our mind.....but when it comes to passing judgement on peoples lives, situations etc I try never to do that as we never know the full story, and if your going to judge others in a major way make sure you look at yourself, as no one is perfect we are all human and all fall short.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I try to live this way as I don't like to be judged.
    Dianny888

Answer by Dianny888 at 7:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I believe no one should judge another person based on what they believe or what they do in their personal lives however, judgement is natural and I do judge people based on their personality and their actions because it helps me to see who I should be around and who I shouldn't. I do not condemn that person I just analyze how they act.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Nope. I don't believe the Gods Judge anyone... That's not what they are for.

That said, I generally see no reason to judge. Simply because someone is different doesn't make them wrong.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You have to judge in order to distinguish right from wrong.Without judging how can you make choices,how can you choose how to live,how to treat others? Example...if you say that you aren't going to drink and drive,you are,in effect,judging those who do.The tricky part is in what we judge and how we judge.
    The Bible verse,judge not lest ye be judged,is yet another of many Bible verses that have been twisted to suit the individuals who like to constantly bring it up,mainly for the purpose of causing dissent and confusion.

1Corinthians 6:2-3 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?

Zechariah 8:16 …Speak each man the truth to his neighbor; Give judgment in your gates for truth, justice, and peace;
    MistyBlueMom

Answer by MistyBlueMom at 8:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2011