If you borrowed someones car...

I took dd to Ohio my mom insisted take my car its newer and dd will be much more comfy its a suv she can see more so I left her my car when I returned her suv i had washed it and filled it up it was on half when I got it / she gave me my car with the gas light on she got it on full and it was dirty with a cup of spilled coffee on the passenger floor then she got mad cz I said something sorry that's rude but she still never offered to replace the gas lol she text me saying I was ungrateful wth I didn't ask to use her stupid car though

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 6:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I would have said something to. I would have been pissed.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 6:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You put many more miles on her car and that is very costly. Wear and tear is much more costly than the money for a talk of gas. You should not have said anything. The coffee should have been cleaned up. But there is no reason or excuse for you saying anything.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I would've said forgot to do this? Then I would say it's ok. DOn't worry. That way she knew that I saw her sloppy ways but did not show how angry I really was. It usually makes people feel so guilty anyway...
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 8:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i would have been sarcastic about it, but i probably would not have been pissed off. I still would have been glad that i got to use her nicer car.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I would have been mad about the coffee spill because that is just rude. How did she manage to use an entire tank of gas? lol Anyway, I wouldn't have said anything about the gas, but I would have been pissed as well.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 8:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• A few days of wear and tear are not all that costly. I spent 11 years as a mechanic. And as long as the vehicle is properly taken of those miles she put on the car did not create any problems. Gas is freakin expensive. and the spilled coffee will cost money to get out of the car. I would have been angry as well. Next time I would refuse to switch cars.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I would have said something to her as well, yes that is rude. if someone uses my car I want it back in the exact same condition it was loaned out no matter who is using it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• and thats why you never borrow or loan out your car......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Some people are just 'like that'...even our own moms sometimes. IMHO, it's wrong and would have been fair for both to agree to terms first. Return, clean, full and try to take good care of others vehicle. Next time, if there IS a next time, you'll know what to do first.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2011