Do you feel you get enough good sleep? How many hours per nite?

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 6:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, I'm lucky if I get 4 hrs of sleep a night.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Most nights I do. I have to have at least 7,8 hours of sleep to function well.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Not usually. I usually go to bed around 10:00 which isn't to bad, some nights I wake up when DH comes to bed and can't fall back to sleep, some nights my DD, who has been sick off and on for the past 8 months, wakes up and I have to help her. Last night for example I went to bed at 10:15, was up at 12:10 with my oldest because he was coughing and needed meds. Then at 2:30 my DD came in thinking she forgot to take her meds, so I let her lay in my bed and I went in hers. I feel back to sleep and got up at 6:00.

I think my main problem is not that I don't get enough it's that the sleep I do get is broken.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• 7 is good for me!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I sleep wonderfully now. I used to wake up several times a night and therefore, feel very lagging the next day but, for the last year and half, I sleep wonderfully, restfully and wake up feeling plenty ready to start my day. I was lacking Melatonin....something our bodies produce anyway. I buy it OTC and my doc recommended how much for me to take. It solved my problem very well. I also take L-tryptophan (an amino acid) OTC (for mood/sleep) and the two together have helped me to kiss depression and sleep problems goodbye forever! It changed my life actually.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• About 6 hours is my limit any more and Im done for!
    BITTERSWEET72

Answer by BITTERSWEET72 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I get ok sleep when DH is home. I usually only get up when DS gets up in the middle of the night. But when he is out of town for work my sleep is terrible. I can't fall asleep with out him so I tend to stay up til I pass out. Which is about 2 am, the DS also has trouble sleeping when he's not here. Like last night he woke up crying at 2:30 wanting Daddy so it took me over and hr to get him back to sleep. Then the dog had to go out at 4 and DS woke up at 5. So right now I'm doing everything including useing tooth picks to hold my eyes open.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 8:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No. If I don't sleep well for some reason, I never have a chance to get enough sleep to recooperate. Like today.. I had to wake up early 4 days in a row for work and I wasn't sleeping well because of my allergies. Usually, my son sleeps until 8, so I thought I'd have a chance to sleep in. Instead, he woke up before 7. I was up until almost 11 talking about my S/O's new promotion with him, so I didn't get enough sleep at all. I get by on around 5, but sometimes less and sometimes, I get really lucky and get 6 hours. lol It's been then only getting an hour or two when he was an infant. And I've heard that most people get 5-6 hours instead of 8.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 8:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I average about 9 hours a night. I think I get enough sleep.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I get 8 to 9 hours a night and I always have. My kids were good sleepers and rarely got sick so they didn't wake up at night crying,etc. We all loved to sleep! LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2011