soy formula...

OK, so i have asked a similar question! soy and hypo allergenic formula is the only formula my 6 mos old baby can handle. the allimentum is soo expensive and taste smells awfull... she loves the soy but i hear so many bad things i need some reassurance, advice, opinions THANKS GUYS!

ashlee31627

Asked by ashlee31627 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I know the soy has basically an estrogen hormoan in it. All I have heard is bad. Honsetly I refuse to risk it anymore. My second child had soy...I breastfed my third. I still wonder if the soy isn't at fault for some peoples fertility problems currently.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i had never heard nothing about soy being bad..
    i know many moms who gives them soy and it seems to work just fine.. i havent hear no problems.. yet.. but i really think u should just give it to the baby... and more if the baby like it..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my son had the Enfamil Soy. I haven't heard anything bad about it.
    heartlineMama

Answer by heartlineMama at 11:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• adoptive son uses similac isomil and it sits better with his stomach than the regular. He was digesting it at all.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• What Colleen is saying about Soy is true, it has estrogen like properties. Just not worth the risk and they think that's one reason for so many children having early puberty.

Sign up every person that will let you for the Enfamil Beginnings program at their website. Then you will at least have tons of $5 off coupons to use on the formula.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I agree with Colleen I refuse to give my son soy so he is on Similac Sensetive RS. I would not chance the soy. If I were you I would stick with the Hypoallergenic formula
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 3:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2008