Deoderant for a 9 year old?

What type of Deodorant/Antiperspirant would you recommend for a 9 year old?

Is the gel; spray; or solid better? What lasts longest?

He sweats and smells alot when playing so we need something that will work when he is running around and everything.

He has to take 2 showers a day when he is playing and running around alot

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• My boys like using Axe. They actual use the body wash and the solid deodorant. They seem to like it and they usually smell pretty good and not like BO.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Does he need a deodorant or an antiperspirant? There is a difference and there are ones that are combination. Does he swet only or is there an odor as well.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• NO ONE should use an anti-persperant, they are full of aluminum and other really nasty chemicals that get absorbed in to the body. But you can get deodorants that are much safer! I use Toms of Maine and love it! When my kids need or want it, that's what I'll be getting them as well. It does the job without all the dangerous stuff.

And to the other moms - At 9, LOTS of kids need deodorant! Puberty can, and does start as young as 7 or 8 for many...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• you can go to a body-shop and buy a natural deodorant. they did research and they say that its bad to use deodorant, breastcancer...with roll-on or sparay you close your pors(did i spell that correct?) your swet and what ever should come out from under your arms, returns back inside and goes straight into your limpfklieren= thats dutch...surch on google to translate it, sorry....so nobody should use deodarant 24-48 hours, just naturel products...
    kea1313

Answer by kea1313 at 7:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I do not believe in kids usung deoderant tell they start going through Puberty.

I would just change his showering time to before bed time.  Or just  just keep the 2 showers a day. Deoderant is not going to stop all the dirt and funk.

Answer by louise2 at 7:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2011