What do you think is a healthy friendship between a married man and married woman friend?

Talking once a week, once a month, special occasions? What is considered unhealthy?Every day? At night? What areyour thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I personally don't believe that they should have a private friendship at all; if they interact then it should be in the presence of their spouses. But outside of my personal beliefs, it's whatever their spouses are comfortable with that should dictate how the friends interact.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I am married and this guy I used to work with is married. We would talk at work and on the phone. Nothing personal just family things. We don't work together anymore but we talk a few times a month. There is nothing unhealthy about it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• But if it were a day to day thing on fb what you think?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i don't really "talk" to my married guy friends on the phone, i mean we talk...but not like women do. The only time we talk on the phone is when we're making plans or something. If my husband were sending personal messages to another married women that we're friends with every day on facebook, id be asking lots of questions.

He's very ani-social...so it would be completely out of the norm for him.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If there are questions about it, then it's too much and should be stopped.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• to meet in a social setting for a get together probably.With my husband he has a lot female friends on fb and he is not good at spelling so one time I found an e-mail telling a girl to call him since she sat in front of him in hs and had to drop out because she got pregnant with the teacher's son. So those are situations that I do not judge too much on it. SO that is why I find myself interacting with a guy on a regular basis. Just normal friendship talk, but I still feel guilty.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Why not limit it a bit and see what happens? I think you should say this is starting to make me feel weird, so we are going to have to talk less, and just taper it off. would your husband be upset if he knew or not/
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• He would because the guy is very sweet and charismatic and very well mannered. He looks 5 years younger than his age too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I honestly think you are maybe in denial. I think you like him as more of a friend and thats why you feel guilty
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• The most ironic part is that I was never friends with him in hs. I would casually say hi and bye and just flirt from across the room. I guess that is what is so appealing about it. But of course I know my limits and yes I think I have reached it, it is time to take a break and just stay away....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2011