My husband plays with the kids by play punching them/biteing them and he won't stop it..

now they hit me constantly and bite eachother. I asked him over and over to stop playing that way with them, but he refuses to listen and says I'm hounding him. What should I do. My kids are 2 and 4.

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get family counseling.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 10:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Honey i am going though the same thing but my kids are 8 mo old n 1 1/2 yrs old.... Because of this, my oldest can't even go to the park and play with other kids because he hits or pinches or pushes them around. And now he thinks it's ok to do to his baby brother, resulting in lots of bumps, bruises and many many tears.... idk what to do timeout just makes it worse and when he gets out he is MEANIER!!!! hopefully just keep up the dicipline and eventually they will understand
    Ashley
    Hot_mommy45

Answer by Hot_mommy45 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• WOW for a second there i thought u were talking about my 3 year old...lol....wow thats deep i really think that counsling would be da most effective. GOOD LUCK
    Shaygurl

Answer by Shaygurl at 10:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• lol.. okay, family counseling is waaay too extreme.. you just gotta tell your SO straight up that they're gonna start doing the same to kids at school, etc. it's not a good example to set for them, yeah i know he's playing.. but other kids, or other adult figures won't look at it as playing when your kid punches another kid. good luck!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Bite your husband when he's not expecting it. If it's acceptable for him and the kids then the same should go for you too. Sounds immature but may be the way to get through to your husband.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• unfortunaley biting him won't work he would be turned on even if it was hard.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Then punch him in the stomach or trip him or something. I hate when dad's think they have to train their kids to be "tough" or if its a boy to "be a man". You need to get your dh to stop or else your children will be the bullies in school . Give him an ulitmatum if you must- something like that simply would not fly in my house. Even if i had boys.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2008