Birth control what do i do ???

my name is amana a.k.a amy im 16 gonna be 17 in december i know this website is for moms but i wanted another parents advice my mom is the kind of mom who will try and be your friend then go through your phone to see what your up to i really wanted a boyfriend when i turned 16 but my mom didnt approve one day she finally let up i am a virgin but the guy im with i have been with for a whole year and he says "we should make it official" my biggest fear would be getting pregnant what do i do and how do i tell my mom i wanna get on the pill

cutiepie1102

Asked by cutiepie1102 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you give it away to this guy, then when the time comes for the man you want to spend the rest of your life with comes along, you have nothing special to give him. I know you are saying you are going to be with this guy forever, but first of all, forever is a long time, even to us that have lived most of our lives already. Think about never dating anyone ever again. Some super hot stud asks you out and you can't because you chose your forever guy already. If he really loves you he wouldn't be pushing you. Don't go behind your mother's back. It can have really bad consequences. Is having sex worth your mother not trusting you again? Do you know the pill has hormones in it that messes with your normal body system? Talk to your mother. She is only going through your phone because she cares. She finds out you go behind her back you won't have that phone or any freedom.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• thank you :)
    cutiepie1102

Comment by cutiepie1102 (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I would say keep waiting a little longer, not just because i am a mom but because I was in your shoes. I waited until i was 500% sure i was truly in love and that he loved me. Today i am the only one of my friends that does not regret their "first time". You can never ever get back your virginity, once its gone it's gone. I know you have heard it a million times, but if he loves you he will wait! There is no rush! Just think about it. Also, i agree with the above poster about planned parenthood. You can usually go to the health dept. as well and they have help for teens that want to have sex. Don't rush it, you have your whole life to have lots of sex, keep your childhood as long as you can.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I feel like you are being pushed into this based on your post. Remember YOU are the only one in control of your body. If you are ont ready to have sex don't. Everyone else needs to respect those choices. There is NOTHING wrong with respecting your body and the body of any future partners but not rushing into sex. Pregnancy is a real risk even with birth control. You also risk STD's which is why I would always recommend a condom along with Birth control to ANYONE who is having sex outside of a long term relationship where both partners have been tested. The other thing you risk with sex is getting your heart broken. If you are giving your full self to this guy and he is not and and the relationship that can leave you feeling betrayed.At least that is temporary-unlike the other two risk- STD's and pregnancy are something you would have to deal with for the rest of your life no matter how you chose to handle the pregnancy
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Not that I condone premartial sex, and it sounds like you are being pushed into it, but......
    You don't need a parent to go to planned parenthood. Have your "experienced" boyfriend drive you there. It may cost you a couple bucks, so have him help pay as well.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2011