If they are wrong you are wrong too?

Just a thought ran through my head when I read through some post earlier. A question was asked to one of our Cafemomers and it was "How do you know the Jewish belief is right and not wrong?"

Well, if you are Christian, how would that effect you? Think about it. If the entire Jewish belief (don't focus on the belief in Jesus) is wrong wouldn't that definitely cut the Christian credibility too considering they are branching off from the Jewish belief anyway? if now enlighten me please

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Religious Debate

• That would require to much common sense for most people.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• lol and I just realized I said "now" instead of wrong ahh I need more coffee
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 9:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I'm beginning to think it's the Mormon's that have it right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Thats a lot of IFs - The main difference between Christianity and Jewish faiths is who/when the coming of Jesus is- and yes, Christians can believe that the Jewish people were wrong and Jesus is the Messiah without cutting the credibility- you can not leave Jesus out of the equation- JMO-
    Were you focusing on another aspect of the Jewish faith and if so- what?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I don't think the entire Jewish faith is wrong. Jesus was Jewish after all. As with anything though, I think somethings were distorted by the men in power and that is one of the reasons Jesus came and taught...to straighten things out a little. . . Now has the NT been distorted over time in the same manner? It is possible, but I can't say that it has and dismiss it as irrelevant unless God shows me different.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• "Jesus was Jewish after all." 
    Would you believe that I have ran across people who will actually say "No He wasn't! He was CHRISTIAN!" I'm not kidding!! 

I don't see where anyone of any belief has the right to tell another faith that they are wrong. It is this kind of arrogant attitude that causes war and all that kind of bullshit. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Would you believe that I have ran across people who will actually say "No He wasn't! He was CHRISTIAN!" I'm not kidding!!
    --------------------------------------------

I would believe it and it is sad. Jesus was Jewish and we serve the same God. The Jewish faith is special to me because of that and I have been doing my best to learn everything I can about it.....and to nicely remind remind people that our Christ was in fact Jewish.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think I was just curious as the whole belief system. I don't know really lol.
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Judaism, 1) had sprung off into many different sects some of which have embraced aspects of paganism. So in that respect, they're wrong. 2) Judaism is only correct to a degree because they missed Christ - they are now in a state of spiritual blindness that, according the NT, will be lifted just prior to the Judgement. HOW exactly that happens we don't know, but the Christians are supposed to be a living incentive for Jews to come to faith.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Of course the basic premis for Judeaism must be correct for the basic premis of Christianity to be correct.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 12:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2011