Am I wrong for wondering this?

My mother works in insurance and for some reason has my pictures up at work but not as many of my sister. An attorney that works for her firm saw my picture and asked about me. As mother put it my picture caught his eye. How nice of her to tell a man who makes 180K a year that I'm married with 3 kids. So he asks if I have a sister, I do, but we are not shaped the same or look too much alike, to be 2 years apart we are worlds apart in who we are. Am I wrong for thinking "would this man buy me a divorce?" since I haven't said happily married ever that I can think of? Am I wrong for realizing that there is someone out there who could help me give my kids a better life and my son with special needs the education and medical help he needs simply because he likes what he sees? Well I was nice to send him what I could find of good photos of my sister. My co-workers said I should have sent him a picture of me that makes me look like a bombshell. I'm just over feeling like a single mom that is married.

wmbeener

Asked by wmbeener at 9:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Most married women who would be honest would tell you that they have at one time felt like single moms. That does not mean the marriage should be ditched. I can tell you from my own personal experience that things can and do get better, and much of that happening depended on me. The way our husbands respond to us has very much to do with how we relate to them. We can hurt their feelings and instead of them telling us about it, they simply become angry and withdraw. Divorce doesn't have to happen, contrary to popular opinion. You have 3 children and I can tell you that they will very much benefit from your staying in the marriage and giving them a two-parent home. There are all kinds of things you can do to make your marriage into what you would like it to be, if you are willing to do them. Since you don't say what the problems are, it's hard to give specific advice. I can tell you that the marriage can be saved.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• yeah,that's wrong. Why would you make that leap to someone who may just be looking for a piece of ass?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Do I understand you correctly, you are married but not happily and want to know if thinking about a man that could financially care for your children would be a better option? I don't think daydreams are harmful but if you were to put action behind the daydream than yes... you are wrong. Besides, you don't even know this guy.. he could be a complete jerk.
    However, if you are unhappy you should fix that, counseling, whatever..
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 9:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• if you're not happily married than you should get out of your marriage or work on fixing it, but you shouldn't get out of your marriage just bc some random guy thinks you're nice looking.
    abannist

Answer by abannist at 9:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think that you should get a divorce before you start "shopping around". Just because he thinks you look good, doesn't mean he will be a good boyfriend/husband or a good step father to your children. And also, you are already thinking of using him for his money. That will not make a good relationship. So to answer your question, yes, it is wrong.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Well he saw your picture and thinks your cute, but you have no idea if he is a good man, or has a secret life of some sort,, LOL! I think you leave one situation before moving on to the next. I think the money has you dreaming about all he could do for you, but what if there was no love,, and depending on how old he is,,he might just want to "date" and isn't looking for a relationship.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If your having problems with one man, why would you want another?
    Get your life straight on your own before you hook up with another man with issues
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Don't trade one set of problems for another set soley based on him inquiring about you. If you are unhappy find what will make you happy, don't put your happiness on the idea of him and financial stability. Everyone has skeletons regardless of their bank book.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• That is just it, I don't know what he is looking for.  I think he has been married to his job for quite some time. 

wmbeener

Comment by wmbeener (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• NannyB I'll be happy to give yo a private message.  Thanks to all who gave me some feed back.

wmbeener

Comment by wmbeener (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2011