How long after you have a baby can you still produce breast milk? If you DON'T breastfeed.

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 9:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Every woman is different. And even if you're not full on producing it, it can still be there. I breastfed my son for 10 months and liquid would honestly squeeze out of there on occasion until about November, before he turned three. That was when I got pregnant again - I lost that one and the leaking stopped altogether a couple weeks after that.

If you're having a baby and are not planning on breastfeeding, you'll fill up and get engorged and really leaking for a few weeks - be prepared for that, engorgement hurts. After that it'll just be the occasional leaking for a bit, like I mentioned.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You milk will normally dry up after 2-3 weeks but you won't ever totally "dry up" and will still have discharge if your breasts are man handled or messaged just right
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I know when I get out the shower my breast leaks and I haven't breastfeed in 4 months
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If you haven't breastfeed you usually dry up in about 7-10 days after having baby....but online search showed that sometimes it takes longer for your hormones to regulate and it can be 6 months to a year for some. Have you tested in case you are pregnant again?
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I had a preg test 2 and a half months ago.. I have to have them every 3 months to get my birth control shot.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I have always wondered that myself but wasnt sure how to phrase the question to ask it
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 9:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I leaked for 4-5 months!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i was pretty dried up after 2 weeks and COMPLETELY dried up after a month. no i did not leak at all after that. not even with my husband sucking on my nipples (sorry to be so graphic but needed to emphasize that it DOES dry up to anon)
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• each time is different. with my daughter i was i was done leaking and dried up in 2 weeks but, my son i was still leaking at like 6 or 7 weeks. i thought it would never stop
    HBriggs

Answer by HBriggs at 12:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2011