Baby cant get to sleep w/o swaddling blanket.

Im not sure but my 2 month old has been very grumpy during the day and cant sleep, and im thinking its bc i havint been swaddling him when i put him in his swing to sleep.
I would try to swaddle him again but my eletric bill is going up bc i dont want him to get how/sweaty bc idk if thats bad for him , im guessing so then it would be worse bc i would have to wash the darn thing every single day instead of like once a week. So r there any really thin swaddling blankets i can buy , or can i just use a thin sheet? Do u think that would be safe? Btw the swaddling blanket i was using , i bought it from walmart and it is the very soft , warm and velcro one (to where they dont jump out of it from there reflexes and all) Oh yea does anyone know when those annoying things go away?

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I swaddled my 2nd baby until 7 months. That was the only way he would sleep.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Just put him in a t shirt and diaper to sleep

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• If he needs the blanket to sleep, then do so. Remember that he was nestled curled up inside of you for 9 months. Think what is more important, your electric bill or the comfort of your baby.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• as long as it's not too big a sheet would be fine. He just likes the feeling of being in the womb. dress him in a onesie and swaddle him in a different blanket.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My son was the same way. I bought muslin blankets. They were Aden & Anais and you can buy them at Target, Kohls and Babies R Us, just to name a few places. Good Luck :)
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Aden & Anais! heard great things about them!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I swaddled my DD until she was almost 7 months old as well. When she out grew all the blankets I had and it was just to warm for it
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• i swaddled my dd until she was 6 7 months i used the thin recieving blankets from walmart and even small sheets her grandmothe bought fabric for a quilt it was thin and i used it eventually he will grow out of it
    khyleezmama

Answer by khyleezmama at 11:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• use a recieving blanket,
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• We put her in just a diaper because we were noticing that even with somewhat thin blankets she was waking up covered in sweat. She is 8 months and we are trying to get her to at least nap without swaddling, she still goes to bed at night swaddled but we have made some progress during nap time.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2011