I wonder why people don't r.s.v.p. then expect to have a seat. do you know anyone like that?

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes,my inlaws are like this.
    They also have this weird thing where they'll have a get-together,not tell us,then get pissed that we didn't come?!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Honestly, I've never been to something that required an RSVP. Everything we do - including our wedding - was just a show up and enjoy kinda thing... We always make sure we have enough for everyone we invite.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I get very frustrated with this sort of thing. I've known people who thought that they only had to RSVP if the answer is no, people who only thought that they had to RSVP if the answer is yes - like I'm supposed to know which one they mean by it!

If someone is going to the trouble of hosting something, preparing or supplying refreshments, entertainment, or whatever for you, then how hard is it to take 3 seconds and tell them if you plan to come or not?!

Add to that, when people change their minds without bothering to let the host / hostess know (I'm not talking about emergencies - these things happen...).

We had a bbq last summer for a few families. One showed up 2 HOURS after when we said we were eating, and they were offended that everyone had eaten without them. They lived less than 1/4 a mile from us!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yes and I find it extremely rude of them.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It's rude. Worse is when they say they're coming and then don't show.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I find it rude to not RSVP either way. It is over the top rude to RSVP yes and then not show up or to be so late the party is nearly over. This has happened so many times for my children's birthday parties and they are so disappointed, especially when their friend talks all week about how much fun it will be and then they aren't there. I get that things come up but there should never be not enough time to shoot a text, email or a quick call to send regrets.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 2:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2011