Work and pregancy !!!

If you are pregnant and your job needs so much effort and all of your time ; Would you quite your job for your futur baby ? its a hard decision i know .. but what would you do if there is no other option ?

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 10:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i am a nurse aid and this is my first week off since i put my two weeks notice is... my husband and i decided that we can afford for me to be a full time stay at home mom with my 3 year oild daughter and our baby boy when he come in August! :) He is always tellling me that life is way to short to always be at work and to enjoy your kids while you can! I say as long as you and your hubby can afford it i say be a stay at home mommy its well worth it! :)
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I would consider attempting to cut back to part time first and not closing that door if it was needed income. Jobs are HARD to find right now.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I quit my job the day I found out I was pregnant becasue I have to lift heavy things where i worked an had a miscarriage last time so this time i just quit my job is always there if I need it after babys born but if its to stressful on you an you can afford to quit I urge you to do so GL:)
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 4:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Well, your baby isn't here yet so it doesn't really need much or your time.

But if actually doing the physical part of your job is putting too much of a strain on your body, then I would start by reducing your hours if possible.

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I waited tables up until I was 9 months preggo. Starting at 7.5 months I cut back my hours so I did not work longer than 6 hours a day, but I still worked 5 days a week. My original shift was a 10-11 hour shift 2 times a week and 3 shifts that were 5-8 hours. If you are on your feet a lot buy those trim ups from target, its similar to sketcher shape ups, i got mine for $6. I could walk for hours because it relieved so much stress in my joints! My baby came out very big and healthy. She is 6 months old and has never been sick.

That was me. For you, decide if your stress is physical or emotional. If it is emotional cut back your hours or think about leaving. If it is physical, I would cut back your hours.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 10:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• IDK, I worked 2 jobs (including 8 hour retail shifts) until I was 7 1/2 months pregnant.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2011