Husband's best friend moving in ?

My husband's best friend from high school moved in with us yesterday and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this?

* He couldn't afford the place he was staying at so we decided to help him out and rent him our guest bedroom.

-Tiffany-

Asked by -Tiffany- at 10:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Well if he is going to be a room-mate then it would be a good idea to go over 'house rules' with him, and what would be expected of him while he lives there. Examples- would he have any household chores to do, what about meals-- would he have to buy and cook his own food, or would that be included, would he have to chip in for certain bills, how much rent would he have to pay (if any) and when. Also how long will he be living with you- is it open ended or does he have a time-frame for when he will be moving out.
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My husband's best friend is like a brother to me, so I wouldn't mind it. My husband has also rented out a room to him before, which turned out fine and their relationship didn't suffer for it.

That being said, just because he's your husband's best friend doesn't mean that he shouldn't follow any rules that you've already established in your home.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• We've had roommates. It is difficult to balance roommates and a family. Make sure that boundaries are clearly defined right from the start.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Why?
    What circumstances led to his moving in with you guys?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No experience but I can see the future on this one and it's not good.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Thank you all so much :)

-Tiffany-

Comment by -Tiffany- (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No, I've never met your husbands best friend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2011