Is this normal for a bug bite?

My daughter swells when she gets bite by any bug...i mean BAM!!! the first time we found out she was just about 2 and was bitten by what we think was a spider at her day care in the carpet...her forhead looked like another head there...i called the Dr and took her in and he told me what to do and now i have to carry Benatryl (?) with us EVERYWHERE bc he thought it was a bee sting and when i said that we were inside he now thinks she may be allergic to bee stings. when she gets bite by a mosqutio her whole forearm is red a swollen. Saturday she was bite by one outside, her hand blow up, and was red, we gave her her benatryl and yesterday it stopped swelling its not as red but its very hard to the touch and when i grace my hand over it to keep an eye on it she says, (no it hurt...) my hubby says shes fine but i dont think thats normal??

pebbles425

Asked by pebbles425 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Health

• My daughter experienced the same thing. Once it swelled up the size of a golf ball on her back. I took her to the doctor and she said its just allergic to them and it's really nothing to worry about. Keep using benedryl. She's 3 now and it doesn't happen as bad anymore.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2011