Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

So sad:(

married with 5 kids husband just got a new job so he's still in training and were not making enough to live:( I hate it cause today we got our phones suspended cause we couldn't pay the bill cause we rather feed our children and my husband needs a phone for his job. We can't pay our utilities and i dont know what to do anymore. I would love to get a job but daycare for 5 kids i just couldnt do it:( Have any of you ladies been in this position? And what did you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (16)
  • Have you tried applying for welfare (food stamps,medical)?

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • *Hugs* to you, you must be feeling so down :( maybe you could try a job from home, like Avon or something? As for the phone, I'm sure your DH new enployers would supply him with a phone? Or is that incorrect?

    Answer by kylie_bob at 10:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • You take yourself to the welfare office and apply for temporary help. Don't be ashamed to ask for aid when you are in need.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • were good on medical cause his job covered that right away but i found out for food stamps that even after your appt which is god knows when then it takes another month to process it. And we need it now:(

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • I'm sorry you're in this situation :-(

    I would maybe look at a food bank for some short term, immediate help. Also, I agree with the pp - maybe apply for some govt assistance to help you until you're able to get back on your feet. If you attend a church, you could also talk to them and see if they offer help or relief of some sort for things like this, or be able to point you towards resources in your area.

    good luck!

    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • It is easier to advice and i am sorry you have to go through this. Have you thought to care for a baby or children after school at your house. Can you sell some staff on ebay or so? Do you play piano and could give lessons? Do you speak any language to work as a translator or give private lessons? Maybe u good at math and can tutor a student? Think about all your skills, maybe you will find a solution. Hold on tight.hugs.

    Answer by ganna04 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • Stay strong and positive.You will get through this struggle and better days will come.Sometimes, we just have to live one day at a time and worry about the next when it gets here.Your husband will get through his training and things will get better.To me, the struggles that we go through bring us closer together somewhat...tests our strength and love for one strong can we be? What can we withstand and endure? You'd be suprised what innerstrength alone can do.It was times like those that I have lived through that I found the true meaning of the saying : " Where there WILL...there IS a way."

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • Are any of your children young enough for WIC? I think any child 5 and under is able to qualify. Once you have your first appointment you get checks for food. WIC is amazing, it has saved us so much money. I have an 8 month old baby and I am pregnant again. I work only part time and my husband is only an E4 in the Air Force (doesn't make enough for a growing family). I applied for WIC when I was pregnant the first time and it has saved us so much money in the last 12 months.

    Answer by AF4life at 10:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • Kimberlyinberea- Ive always believed when there's a will there's a way but at this point all i wanna do is cry. It just makes you feel like a crappy parent when your at the point of not being able to feed your children. And then u feel really bad for your husband cause he's working so hard and knows that he can't provide as well right now i can see it in his face:(

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

  • i dont know state you live in but in my state if its an desperate situation you can receive your foodstamps within like 3 days! you can call your local dhs office and speak to someone let them know your circumstances and go ahead get an appt get your paper work filled out and. if there is a wait you will get backpay from the day you filed for assistance. but they can probably give you some numbers to local churches or food banks that can help you right away! good luck!

    Answer by cortneydmorris at 10:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.