Looking for Mermaid & Pirate theme bedroom stuff

And no not from the movie thanks. Maybe one poster from it but that is not the goal. Long story short my son and daughter have to share a room for about 3 months. I am completely gutting one of the bedrooms upstairs that will be my sons who is 11. We are going with a beach theme and adding pirates, ships etc. Anway. For now he is sharing with his sister and we are also redoing her bedroom which she wants mermaids. Her room will take maybe 2 days to set up, and a day to paint.
I am looking for anything related to pirates and mermaids. Does anyone know where I can get oil prints, or posters I can frame, beach theme or mermaid and priate themed lamps and all that? Any help would be appreciated and were on a budget so nothing expensive.

Asked by gemgem at 10:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Shopping

• For your DD, why not get some twine type fish nets and drape along the wall, she can use it to hold hair clips, barretts, etc. You can hang in a corner to hold dolls or stuffed animals (hang in the corner to hold balls, sports equipment for your son) Check oriental trading for cheap accessories, Get glass/clear lamps and fill with seashells, dried star fish, dried sea horses, (most craft stores carry that stuff) etc. .........for the boy do sand in the bottom and spinkle fake gold coins (spray paint pennies if all else fails) and little plastic skulls, drift wood, etc.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• check ebay!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Oh good ideas, the pirate stuff thought at target is a bit young. He is 11. I might just go with black or something I guess for a comforter. He is at that age ya know lol.
    I am looking for mermaid prints, not little mermaid though. She doesnt like her she likes those traditional ones.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2011