Swaddling blankets

Hi my baby is 2 months old and i started swaddling him a little b4 a month and i had bought the swaddle me blanket from walmart with the velcro , needless to say it worked wonders , and it still does but hes growing....FAST lol so im wondering " Where can i buy a swaddling blanket that is at least under 40 bucks and long/thin enough to where he can sleep through the night?" I dont want to order online personally i really dont lke waiting ..it makes me anxiousand i like to buy and use right then and there and, i also, like to look at stuff and feel it first. I want one that can be used until .....idk 4 or 5 months do they even have any? btw (something thats not to hot.)

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You may have to let it go. That swaddling stage is very short and when he starts to wiggle out of it, it's time to let it go. At 4 to 5 months, babies are starting to try to roll over and become mobile. He will hate that swaddle blanket by then.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Any blanket will do. You don't need the fancy ones with velcro. And if you feel you do, you can add it on yourself.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't spend the money, you can do swaddling with a regular blanket, I would also say to gradually stop doing the swaddle thing, for them to get comfortable without it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• We used a regular blanket and secured it with diaper pins.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think that all babies are different and if he needs to be swaddled till he's 6 months then thats the type of baby is he is!
    Since its so hot out I would buy the Aden and Anais swaddle blankets from Target (http://www.target.com/aden-anais-Target-Jackaroo-Swaddle/dp/B00267187O/ref=sc_qi_detaillink) they are very lightweight - almost shear! Then you can use a swaddle fold and if he doesn't want to be swaddled anymore he will find a way to get out of it - then you will know it's time to switch to a sleep sack.
    Go to this website to learn the easiest way to swaddle without pins or velcro - http://www.parents.com/baby/care/newborn/swaddling-your-baby-the-quick-wrap/ Also you can google around and find videos too!
    If you are worried he will get out of the swaddle and therefore have a blanket near his face Target sells the Miracle blanket too which is excellent!
    Good Luck!
    Stef (the nanny from askananny.com)
    AskANanny

Answer by AskANanny at 1:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• We swaddled with Halo Sleepsack Swaddles until LO was just over 4 months. They make them in size newborn (0-3m) and small (3-6m), and in both cotton and fleece. They retail for $20each, but BRU often has a buy 1 get 1 50% off, and there was a target coupon recently. You can buy them online, but both stores sell them in the store too.
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 3:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• The Aden+Anais swaddles are great. The ones at Target are a little less quality and 3inches shorter all round than the Aden I carry, but they are still good. (You get 4 swaddles for $40 with me). However, if you LO gets out of swaddles, you should look at the Aden cozy sleepsacks for winter and the sleeping bag for summer. My LO loves them. They are good especially to prevent SIDS. (You can get them at any baby boutique - if you want my store details, just jump onto my profile and send me a message.
    AbbyUSA

Answer by AbbyUSA at 11:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2011