Do you feel that customer service isn't what it used to be?

I seems like people really cared about their jobs and the service they gave back in the good old days. There are still many people who care and give great service.
Unfortunately some folks just don't give a darn!

I am looking for a great hair salon. I got my hair permanently dyed honey blonde yesterday. The whole time my stylist was distracted (on her cell phone and talking to friends who came in the shop to visit). I said something to her nicely about concentrating on my hair. The results are horrible, there are areas in the middle of my head that do not have any dye. She also cut my hair unevenly. I'm going back to show her what I'm disappointed in and I'm back to searching for a new salon.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I agree.

I don't know if it is so much that attitudes have changed as it is that it is just so easy to do something else. I cannot begin to count how many times I have been checking out at a store and the clerk is texting/checking facebook on their phone.

I notice because - whether at a business or personally - I ABHOR when people interrupt a conversation/interaction to check their phone. No matter whether they think they can do two things at once, it is incredibly RUDE!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I know what you mean, but I have gone through numerous salons until I found the right stylist.

Answer by older at 10:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I agree customer service DEF. isn't what it used to be. Kind of sucks but what can ya do in this economy??
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I hope you didn't pay cash. You can stop payment with your credit card company if you are unhappy. I would also speak to the salon owner.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It's funny that you say this. One of my friends was saying the same thing. I agree!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I agree. You would think people would care about their jobs more since there is such a lack of them, but sadly they aren't.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2011