Has anyone's child spiked a fever for no apparant reason?

My daughter spiked a fever in the afternoon for about 4 days. Before it she was doing just fine and after it went down she was fine. It got to about 103 before it started back down.

mandybloom

Asked by mandybloom at 10:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My daughter did that for about a week when she was two. She would come to me to be picked up, I could feel her getting hot and it would go up to 104 then drop. The whole cycle took less than an hour, with her going from no fever to 104 in a few minuets. It was odd, but the doc said to just watch her and if the fever didn't go down bring her in. It went away after around a week. . .Never found out what caused it though.
    Panditacjp

Answer by Panditacjp at 11:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Two of my boys did that. I figured that it was a big growth spurt that they were going through.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• My son did that and I took him to the doctor...they said it could be because his molars were coming in.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 5:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2008