Foot issues that will drive me INSANE!! Help!! Anyone else have this?

I am currently 7 months and 2 days long. And my ankles have now become CANKLES! (I have had some swelling for the past 4 months but it wasn't major, now im losing what little bit of sanity I have left) They are so swollen! And my ankles and tops of my feet itch so bad that it keeps me up half the night scratching! I have tried multiple lotions, soaks, etc and nothing has helped. I try ignoring it, but after a while it drives me insane and I have to itch it!
But besides the swelling and itching.. My main concern is that I can put my feet up and the pain is tolerable! If I am even sitting down and have the slightest amount of pressure on my feet I want to scream! Nevermind standing, walking or any activities! Just sitting at the computer with my feet on the floor hurts! And theres barely any pressure on them! So I put them up on a foot rest and its helping (doesnt help the swelling or itch, just the pain) Has anyone ever had this issue? I am on baby number 3 and I have never had anything like this happen to me. I need help before I lose my mind!! Someone anyone... advice is welcome!!! (and before anyone bashes my doctor does know about the swelling and the itch, the pain in the bottom of my feet just started on Saturday and the office wasn't opened, so I will be talking with her at my next appt about this)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried Aveeno Oatmeal bath? It's good for relieving all kinds of itching. Epson salt is good for taking down swelling and pain
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It is probably just the swelling, but if you cannot walk - you need to tell your doctor about this new development with the pain and extreme itching. It could be more than just swelling.

Also try soaking in a cool tub of water.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I have tried all of those as well. And so far nothing I have tried helps :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I am able to walk, its just very uncomfortable. The pads in my feet hurt. Its hard to describe exactly how it feels. Im desperate for any relief at this point! I think I am going to call my doctor today and see if she can get me in there, or see if she has a suggestion or can tell me what to do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You may end up having to wear compression stockings for the swelling, but I'd see if the doctor has some suggestions or wants to see you.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My hubby is an orthotist and he makes alot of compression hose for pregnant women, but you might want to call your doctor this can be a sign of preclampsia.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My BP was a little higher than normal when I went on Thursday. But it wasn't enough to alarm my doctor since it was only 1 time it was above normal. But she now wants to see me every week and a half. Instead of every 3 weeks. My bp is typically on the low side 112-117/68-72 is usually the normal.. And when I went on Thursday the Bp was 138/82 Which seemed alarming to me because I am never that high. But the doc didnt seem alarmed so I wasn't worried about it. I have been monitoring my BP at home and it hasn't spiked or anything. Pretty much normal. Slightly elevated but not off by much at all. And isnt the BP a HUGE sign of preclampsia?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Have you pretty much eliminated all salt from your diet that you can? Also limit sugars & carbs. How was your Glucose test result? If you do all these things for a week & there is still the same level of swelling, you may have preclampsia. A sudden weight gain and sudden on set of high BP with swelling is a sign. I am due in a week & just started slight swelling in my ankles this week. I would really go on a low carb, low sugar, low salt diet so the rest of your pregnancy is bearable. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You DO need to get this checked out ASAP! However, swelling of the feet CAN be 'normal' during pregnancy. Still, you MUST rule out anything major. If everything else IS normal, then the doctor will tell you to begin wearing pressure stockings. Also, she may advise you to 'suck it up' and start walking as much as possible, and then when you are resting/in bed for the night to elevate your legs. You need to have a lot of pillows as they need to be elevated ABOVE the heart. (If it is nothing to do with your blood pressure, it is most likely your lymphatic system. Pretty common, but VERY annoying, to say the least!) I'll keep you in my prayers, hoping it's nothing serious.
    Carolina_D

Answer by Carolina_D at 11:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I don't eat many sweets, I eat a very healthy diet. My doctor told me that I'm eatting to healthy because I'm not gaining any weight. I've actually lost 11lbs. And now weigh less than. When I started. My gloucous test came back fine, as welll as all other bloodwork. I don't sit on my butt all day as I have a 10yr old and a 3yr old. I suck it up. But elevate when I can sit for a few minutes here and there. I have called my doc, but it is lunchtime, so hopefully I will get a call back soon
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2011