This is embarrassing to ask but.....

I am 19 weeks pregnant (with my 2nd) and I keep myself clean especially down there. But for the past, I don't know, month? maybe I have been smelling. I don't have any itching or abnormal discharge. With my first pregnancy I NEVER had this problem. What is the deal? Is there anything I can use to get rid of it? I use those wipes sometimes like the flushable ones but it doesn't seem to work. UGh. I feel so gross!

Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd speak to a doctor about it, I did see on a medical channel a few days ago that you shouldn't use prefumed wipes or harsh chemicals down there, these could make the problem worse! And don't over wash the area, that'll make it worse.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 10:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Its probably the change in your hormones.Its normal.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It could be your body telling you to quit cleaning yourself as it has it's own ways to keep everything balanced.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I mean I don't overly clean myself or anything. I just use those every so often when I just can't stand it anymore. I hate that this is happening! lol I don't want my husband to think I"m gross :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I had the same problem with my first pregnancy, my doctor said it was normal and unfortunately it lasted the ENTIRE pregnancy! GL
    HollySebeck

Answer by HollySebeck at 10:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It could be your heightened magic preggo nose!!! lol Also, if you live in a hot area the sweat will increase the odor down there. Many women's bodies change scent when pregnant. Just make sure you visit your doctor in case it is an infection. He/she will probably tell you not to worry about it.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 10:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You should talk to your doctor.... they will prob test you for an infection.. and your vagina CAN be too clean, it can cause you to smell. stop using the wipes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I too had the same problem my entire pregnancy and was told its entirely normal
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 11:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I doubt your husband will judge you. You are pregnant and carrying his beautiful baby! Try just some warm wash cloths to clean down there.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 11:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• ask doctor about it and no thing is embarassing when you keep your self so clean . this is something that u don't control ... and try to wear coton underwearin ;) hope nothing bad for you ....
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2011