Do We Live for God or for our Marriage?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• God has nothing to do with my marriage and I certainly don't live my life for my marriage alone. It's simply an added bonus. I live for myself and all that I can accomplish.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• The Gods dont need me to live for them. They need me to live for myself and all that I can accomplish in my life.
    My marriage is a one of my accomplishments that Im proud of and I live for it but not for it alone.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I don't see how the two must be at odds with each other...im my marriage worshipping together is something that strengthens our marital bonds.

i could definitely see ladies facing that.choice if they don't share the same religion with their DH.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 12:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• There is no god in my marriage.  There is no room for one!  My husband and I have always lived for us, first and foremost and we've been very happy doing it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I live for God...and through His word he has given me direction in how important my marriage is to Him. I don't think that they are exclusive of one another. I love God and in doing so I am a better wife to my husband and mother to my children.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 2:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Marriage is a LEGAL contract. God has nothing to do with it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• By living for God we are living for our marriage. But we can't live for our marriage in order to live for God.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 3:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I was married in the church, under the eyes of God, my marriage in itself is proof that I live for God through my marriage. We've been through a lot in the 19 years we've known each other, most people would have given up on marriage long ago, but not us. We've had four beautiful children together, and they've turned out pretty decent so far, imo. God doesn't need me to live for Him, He needs me to focus on my husband and my children and make sure our family is fed, has shelter, and is well adjusted. If I'm only living for God, I can't do that....
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I am not sure I understand the question thoroughly
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 5:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I honestly don't understand the point of this question. I live for G-d through my marriage.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2011