Cervix?

At my 36 week check up today they checked my cervix. The doctor said that I was one finger tip dilated and that my cervix was really high up. I'm not concerned about the dilation because it doesnt mean anything right now and I could still have weeks to go but I've never been told that my cervix is up really high. Does anyone know what it means when your cervix is up really high? I didnt think to ask my doctor. I'm sure that its normal and doesnt really mean anything right now. I was just curious.
P.S. Please dont tell me that I could still have a few weeks to go, I already know that. I'm not asking if I could into labor soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have no clue, but hope you can get answer. Personally, I'd call the docs office and ask one of the nurses to explain.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Your cervix should be high, it pulls back while you dilate and efface so it can pull around the babys head during birth!
    HollySebeck

Answer by HollySebeck at 11:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2011