Mucous in eye....

My daughter has had a bit of a cough and I know it's normal for them to produce extra mucous(doc told me that when I thought she had pink eye about 5 months ago). My question is that while her eye ball isn't red,all around it is and even though I cleaned all the crusty mucous off she still can't open her eye all the way. Is this normal or should I call the doc?

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 11:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call the doc, that's pink eye
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• ^ what she said
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• sounds like pink eye and you should call the doc.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:04 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It could be normal and she is getting better, or she could have blocked tear duct from the infection. My son had a blocked tear duct when he was born and it went away, but when he was about a month old he got pink eye and for about 3 days he had mucus in his eye and it was constantly wiping it battle. Just call her doctor find out what she wants to do, she may want to see her
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yes, I would say it's still pink eye, you should get some antiotobics right away to get rid of it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Thanks ladies, I was just curious because the last time (like I said about 5 months ago) she had the same discharge but they told me it wasn't pink eye and sent us home, the only difference this time is that her eye lids are swollen around the eye.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• call the dr.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Thanks ladies...Our doc made us go to the ER bc they had no appointments (that is a military doc for you) but as turns out it is pink eye. They said it is a good thing we brought her right away bc her left eye is so swollen from the infection that they said she needed antibiotics right away.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2011