• In the Spotlight:

Painting babies nails?

Is it okay to paint my 3 month old babies nails????

shauna9909

Asked by shauna9909 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The chemicals in nail polish are pretty toxic for even an adult to breathe or absorb. Toluene is a human reproductive toxin. Formaldehyde is a carcinogen and causes cancer in lab animals. Dibutyl Phthalate is used in making plastics. I wouldn't risk it. A baby's skin and lungs are very fragile.
    MaMaMo531

Answer by MaMaMo531 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• No. The fumes are bad and I'm sure she puts her fingers in her mouth, which is even worse.
    Tuf

Answer by Tuf at 10:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I've heard of parents of multiples that pain their kids big toe a different color so they can tell them apart, so it can't be all that bad. I wouldn't suggest the fingers because the will be in her mouth. Ask your doctor just to be sure.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I wouldn't paint her nails.... she could eat it right off and be a waste of time.... not to mention bad for her..... but I did my daugheters toenails... untill she started eating those as well!!! hahaha
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 11:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I painted my daughters toe nails at that age her doctor never said anything but how cute.
    harleygirl2475

Answer by harleygirl2475 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008