Would you buy a lice prevention shampoo?

Hi, I am in professional beauty supply sales and we just starting carrying a lice prevention shampoo, that is supposed to be gentle on the hair,, I really don't think anyone would buy it from a salon? My boss wants to know what I think, and I honestly have no idea if it is a viable product or not? Wouldn't you feel weird buying it from your stylist,, idk,,,perhaps it is something that mom's would want for thier kids?

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 11:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Shopping

• Silly anon...LoL..we are not required to do a 'lice check' on anyone. We can't service people who are infested, as it is discovered. But there is no requirement for checking kids.
    Past! Adults get lice, too. Shocker.
    op, I wouldn't be it, as a client or as a cosmetologist to sell. There is no 100% prevention in a bottle that a person can't do themselves with proper care and watchful eye, not to mention teaching things not to do, like sharing hair accessories, bedding, etc.
    IMO, its a gimmick, like hot oil treatments.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Nope. Pretty sure it would be filled with icky nasty chemicals that I do not want on my kid's head (unless absolutely necessary).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• We had lice. I now add tea tree oil to all of our shampoo. I would buy it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yep! My dd came home with lice and I treated her. I got the lice prevention for the other kids and they didnt get lice. It was worth it for me rather than buying all the ingrendiants which would have cost more.

Answer by gemgem at 11:32 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't buy it from a salon---maybe a drug store, and only after I heard of lice outbreaks in my child's daycare or school. I wouldn't just use it to use it.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 1:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Maybe for my kids, once they enter school. How is suppose to prevent it? I always heard lice liked clean heads better. Is it safe for daily use, monthly use?? Is there some weird chemical in it?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:13 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• It has a tea tree oil base, but I have read that is does work, I am just not sure that people would purchase it at a salon,, in my head I would think your hairstylist is the last person who you would want to know that your worried about lice. I know that it has nothing to do with cleanliness, but there is still that negative vibe around lice.
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think it's wrong to be offering a shampoo to prevent lice. How can anyone believe using a shampoo will protect your kids from getting it. Tea tree oil is a great cleanser its got great qualities, however, preventing lice isn't one of them.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• *Psst! *...stupid cell phone spellcheck. LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I probably wouldn't.... it may turn out to be deadly..just like everything else.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2011