BP question

I'm fixing to be 17wks pregnany and with my daughter I had BP probs n got pre-eclampisa and all my life my bp has been 116/soemthing to 118/something never any higher. Well lastnight it went from 125/68 to 142/65 and today 126/68.I haven't checked it anymore. I got to the dr tomor49w early in the morning so I was wondering since it isn't normal bp for me should I start to worry?

alw06tchs

Asked by alw06tchs at 11:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There is an increased risk of having it again. Start putting your feet up, cut the salt out of your diet, drink more water, and since you already have a doctors appointment, that's one thing you don't have to do.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You could also try taking Garlic pills as Garlic naturally lowers BP.
    twinsplus2more

• Thanks I have been drinking water n proping my feet up more just hard w a 7month old lol
    alw06tchs

Comment by alw06tchs (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Your blood pressure is going to increase a little bit the further a long you get in your pregnancy. Its normal due to increased blood supply. Your doctor will keep an eye on you because you have had high blood pressure in your previous pregnancy and you are at increased risk for getting it again. If it helps I had high blood pressure with my daughter but with this one its been totally normal. Just keep your doctor informed and they will reassure you that you are ok and they will let you know if it gets to high. Just so you know your blood pressure should never be higher than 140/90, pregnant or not.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2011