Soooooo hungry! All the time!

So I'm trying to lose weight after having a baby, and I've tried eating healthy, and failed, tried cutting out carbs, which didn't make a difference! And now I'm back to trying healthy foods, but I'm starving! Today I had cerials for breakfast, soup for lunch, oats because I was still hungry, and now I've just had a 2 egg ommlette with 2 rashes of bacon. And I could keep eating! HELP! I have an underactive thyroid, does this cause a bigger appetite?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think it might, but I understand the hunger. Try eating 6 small meals (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack) keep your eye on the carbs, eat your proteins first (it will trick your metabolism) and drink LOADS of water!!! good luck mama!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Drink lots of water. Sometimes we are thirsty, not hungry. Eat lots of fruits and veggies in between meals.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 11:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Just the thought of dieting makes me hungry.. Maybe just being aware of the food choices you make will help. I know I m going to eat unhealthy. But if I eat healthy most of the time I don't feel so guilty when I do let things slip.
    aperk2

Answer by aperk2 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I know how you feel. There are just times when I am more hungry than others and it's a biological thing. Are you nursing? Give your body time for your appetite to go down, in the meantime, eat. Just eat healthy and you can eat much more if you exercise!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You are supposed to be somewhat hungry while dieting. :-( Your body *will* adjust, though. Your stomach (eyes) will eventually get used to less food.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• how long ago did you have your baby? And are you breast feeding, if you are it's normal to feel hungry for a while. I struggled with it, just eat healthy foods and stick to a certain amount of calories. IT will take time for your body to be less hungry.
    It's been almost 2 years since I had my son, and I'm finally getting in shape and eating right.
    Good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• For me out of sight, is seriously out of mind- so get in the kitchen, grab what you need, and then get out. If you're still hungry drink water and chew gum. I know others have been successful with only eating so much of certain foods- and then if they are still hungry they can only have fruit or veggies. While they do have calories in them, it's not as much as snacking on say a bag of chips.

Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Actually if you are eating 5-6 small meals a day and eating every 2-3 hours you should NEVER feel hungry.

Cereal isn't going to cut it and most are filled with sugar. Try plain oatmeal with a few berries and a tablespoon of slivered almonds, or a veggie omelette for breakfast. 2 hours later have another small meal, such as half a whole grain english muffin with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a sliced strawberry....2-3 hours later have a leafy greens salad with colorful veggies and 3 oz. of chicken or shrimp, perhaps a string cheese and handful of baby carrots or some plain greek yogurt with frozen fruit next, then 3-4 oz lean protein, 1/2 cup whole grain such as brown rice or quinoa and some steamed veggies....

Drink a glass of water before each meal.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I think of my body as a spoiled child - the more you feed it, the more it wants. Just hang in there, as the others have posted that intense hunger will abate.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'm not nursing JackieGirl007, wow when I was, I was like a food crazed monster! And when I was pregnant I was the same lol!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2011