Has your baby had reflux?

what bottle did you find most helpful in reducing gas or comforting your baby? Any other helpful advice for a first time reflux mom?

Thank you in advance!!!

mommymeg2002

Asked by mommymeg2002 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES AND HATE IT!!! SHE STILL HAVE IT AND SHE WILL BE 2 NEXT MONTH. HER DOCTOR PUT HER ON MEDS TO HELP WITH IT...
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 11:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My son had it up to about his first birthday, it may pass, the meds can help. But, honestly I avoided bottles at about 12-13 months and it started to get better, I don't think even when we were on soy formula it worked, Its hard to dertermine in early stages, but all you can do graudually get of bottles, good luck!!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• yes..very hard :( I actually nursed and he still had it bad..keep the baby propped up after feedings for 30 mins..burp alot during feedings..elevate the head of crib to help digestion..and keep lots of rags close by..good luck!!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 4:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My daughter had horrible reflux, for the first 2 months all she did was spit up and scream it seemed like. Finally the doc gave us a prescription for zantac (worked miracles for us), she was a completely different baby. They told us that it usually resolves itself between 6-12 months. We slowly started lowering her dose and now she doesn't need it at all. We found that propping her after eating helped a bit and also we strapped her into her swing at night to sleep (hers was so bad that she couldn't sleep laying flat or the acid would start to come up).
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2011