Pregnancy: How do I know what I'm feeling is normal?

I am currently 14 & 1/2 weeks into my pregnancy. I'm super happy that I've made to my 2nd trimester. I had a miscarriage at the beginning of this year, so I've been really nervous about this one. But everything's been so far so good. I've had 3 ultrasounds and everyone of them has shown a growing baby with a a strong heartbeat. We were actually able to hear a heartbeat at my last appointment, which was at 12 & 1/2 weeks. I think I'm starting to get past all the "early pregnancy symptoms", like morning sickness, etc. Since I'm on the early end of the 2nd trimester, I want to know if what I'm feeling is normal and healthy, if anyone out there has felt the same way as me. All throughout the 1st trimester, I had what felt like menstral cramps, my Dr said this was normal and was the uterus stretching and preparing for the baby, which is fine by me. But lately I've been feeling, and I can only describe it as a "pinching" sensation, like something is pinching my lowers abdominal region, uterus/groin area. It doesn't hurt, it's never been what some may call "severe" to the point where I feel I need to go to the Dr. I think I've also started feeling a slight round ligament pain, I've noticed this when I stand up to fast, with is what they describe in all the books and websites. But some days go by and I don't feel anything. I just want to know that everything I'm feeling is normal. I don't have another Dr's appointment for 2 & 1/2 weeks. Like I've said, I haven't had any painful cramping, or bleeding or anything severe like that, I may just be being paranoid. If someone could but my nerves at ease, I'd love you forever. Thank you.

nightingale1005

Asked by nightingale1005 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That pinching may be round ligament pain. I had that feeling. But, if you get scared, call.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• coompletely normal!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I had the round ligament pains too, it sounds normal but u can call the dr to get a piece of mind
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2011