Is it worth it to spend the extra 1 hundred dollars on the Medela Freestyle?

I have a new baby coming in November and I had a Medela pump In Style with my DD and DS but it feel and broke with DS.

I LOVED IT THOUGH! I got 4 years worth of use out of it, was able to use it to get 16 ounces a day when I was working full time, to donate more than 1 hundred ounces to a mom who had a baby with a severe formula allergy, use it in my car at school, etc.

I KNOW FOR A FACT I will be buying another medela. The Medela pump In Style is about 279 dollars and the Medela Freestyle is 379 dollars. It is supposed to be handsfree which would be amazing, lighter weight, and less bulky BUT since I have never used this one I cant really KNOW how much more amazing it is than the regular Medela pump In Style and if the extra 1 hundred dollars is worth it.

Any info would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never used the handsfree... I LOVE the pump and style!!!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I know! I love it too and that is why I am having a hard time deciding to venture away from that one and try a new one.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I figure with the pump and style, at least you have to sit down and hold it- what better excuse is there to take a few minutes to yourself? And the idea of hands free makes me feel like a cow being milked...
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Haha....that is so true!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2011