What is one of the best cameras to use?

i love taking pictures, my father used to be into photography and he taught me some tricks. i would like to know peoples opinions on different types of cameras and if digital cameras are better. let me know and thank you

mom_of_1_me

Asked by mom_of_1_me at 11:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2011 in Technology

• I love my Canon EOS...it's digital but also has a manual setting on it...very nice. about $800 but you get what you pay for in my opinion...I've tried those pocket digitals and they crap out pretty quickly...I think Nikons are pretty good too, just depends on the model you get with both of them.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I have a Nikon D3100, a digital SLR. I love it. Personally, I think there's advantages and drawbacks to both digital and film. Digital...once you buy the camera, that's really your biggest expense. You only print the pics you want, instead of an entire roll of film. If you take a bad pic, you can delete it and you only used memory, not a part of your film that you can't reuse, and you can see you pics as you take them, so you can reshoot one that was fuzzy or otherwise not up to par.

Film...you buy the camera. Plus you gotta buy film, then you pay to develop the film - or you pay for the supplies to develop it yourself. If you take a bad pic, you pay to develop it and then you find out, and depending on the occasion, you may not be able to replicate that shot and get a good one.

Digital pics can lose something that film pics have, but really it's all about what you prefer and find more comfortable - and can afford!
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• it all depends on what kind of photos you like to take. Do you take more stills or sports (action) photos. Canons have always been excellent for sports photos. Minolta (from personal experience owning 3) are excellent for still photos. You can set the f stops to do all kind of tricks. Nikon lenses usually are interchangeable with Minolta cameras. I found they make some of the best lenses for distance shots
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I love my Canon
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 11:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i love nikons and sanyos
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2011

• It depends on what you want it for and your price range but I've always had good luck with Nikons.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2011