Why is it that mom in law and I dont agree?

We absolutely love each other but this woman is very odd, she thinks that my child is gonna die if I give him a piece of cheese so she crumbles it up and then he doesn't eat it.

Who else has this "over protective grandma" problem?
and
How do I tell her to stop being so insanely over protective?

I thought this was a good thing at first and now I'm going nuts I have to hold my tongue a lot cause I dont want to upset her.

HELP!?!?!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Its normal. lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Yeah my MIL cuts up everything for my toddler when I know he can eat a small piece of pizza just fine.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• LOL, my MIL is the opposite. She's like sure, it's safe to jump up and down on the glass coffee table........your 3, so you're big enough to walk down the street alone, etc. Consider yourself lucky.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I know right Nothing Against my MIL but thats annoying my little guy is one and loves rice cakes but she panics and keeps saying "can he eat that" "wont that choke him" omfg even her mother my sons great grandma does it! I even put my boy down for a nap at the great grandmas house and about 2 minutes later she was walking around with my son in her hands gaaahhhh!!!!! Their spoiling him now hes mean and way to dependent on me holding him i cant even wash the dishes without my son being right next to me cause his grandma and great grandma spoil the hell outta him! Im about to blow lol thanks to you two so far!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• lol
    Anonymous