What happens to comments that are voted down?

I rarely vote down, only if people are unhelpful or rude, what happens if they get more than one vote down?? Thanks.

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 12:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• It turns gray where you can't read the comment unless you unhide it If they get 6 vote downs and 0 vote ups or more than 6 vote downs in between..they collapse. I have had quite a few on some of my questions and all you have to do is click on the unhide button and it will show up again; I don't think they delete them though
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:39 AM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Not deleted, just "hidden" to where you need to to click a link on the right hand side to unhide it so you can read it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• After many votes down,it collapses
    anons lose points

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Nothing really, unless they answer Anon in which case they lose points for each downvote. If an answer is voted down enough times that there is a 6 points or more difference between up votes and down votes ( 1 up and 7 down making the difference 6) then the answer gets collapsed and the person knows that people really didn't like their answer, but again, it doesn't affect anything unless they answered anon.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Nothing happens. It gets hidden if there are more than 6 down votes. You loose a point I think if you are anon and down voted.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Not deleted..it turns gray where you can't read the comment unless you unhide it.. Just a simple button to click.. If they get 6 vote downs and 0 vote ups or more than 6 vote downs in between..they collapse.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• You loose a point I think if you are anon and down voted.

3 points, and if the answer is collapsed it's an additional 10 I believe.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I just had one collapse. You get so many vote downs and it collapses. Guess I am the only one who does understand there are men here hiding behind anon asking sex questions.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• What do you mean collapses? Does it get deleted?
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Thanks ladies!
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011