pains in my ribs

Alright so I'm 28 weks today, and before the pregnancy I was super skinny. I'm still really tiny for how far along I am, but I'm slowly getting bigger. The past week or two I've been having really sharp pains right under my right boob, like my ACTUAL ribs. I told my doctor and he said it was because my ribs were expanding to make room for my little boy. But sometimes it hurts to where I can't even breathe, and can just barely stand up. Could it be something more than just my ribs slowly moving around? The past few days it's gotten to the point to where the pain doesn't even go away like it used to. Now it's CONSTANTLY there! It hurts so bad.

Someone help? Could it be more than my ribs making room for the baby? Is there anything I can do for the pain?

Oh yeah, I'm 17 so I'm totally clue-less right now haha.

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 11:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• How is your blood pressure? Have you recently gained weight (esp. in your face, hands or feet/ankles)? Any nasty headaches? What about changes in vision (like seeing double or seeing floaters or "silver showers" they are kinds of like when you accidentally look at the sun and you see the rain like stuff...sorry, that's the best I can describe it!)? With my first I developed pre-eclampsia around 25 weeks, the only symptom for a few weeks was the pain under my right boob.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i had the same problem i was supper skinny too when i first got preggo what it will go away.. feel the pain get really bad that u cant handle it then ask ur doc..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Have you tried going up one band size in your bra? I know it sounds weird, but I was getting panic attacks and couldn't breathe and it was because my ribcage stretched from a 32 to a 36 over the course of my pregnancy, but I only moved up in cup size not band size.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I am about 25 weeks and I can relate. BUt, if the pain persist continue to speak with your doctor and let him know how severe the pain is. Sometimes doctors dont listen and will act like it is nothing when in actuality you are severely in pain. Sometimes taking a bath, a nice hot cup of tea or even a heating pad on the areas that are in pain can help you dramatically.
    cameramommy77

Answer by cameramommy77 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I AM REALLY THIN, AND MY RIBS ALWAYS HURT WHEN I START TO REALLY GET BIGGER, AND THE DOC IS PROBABLY RIGHT. YOUR RIBS ARE STRECTHING. AND THEY CAN ALSO HURT FROM ALL THE WIEGHT IN YOUR BELLY. MINE USUALLY HURT IF I LAY ON ONE SIDE TO LONG, OR IF I AM ON MY BACK. IF IM ON MY BACK THEY CAN HURT TO THE POINT WHERE IT HURTS TO BREATH, AND I THINKS THATS JUST CAUSE THE BABY IS HIGHER IN YOUR BELLY WHEN YOU LAY FLAT ON YOUR BACK. SO TRY TO AVOID SLEEPING STRAIGHT ON YOUR BACK IF YOU DO. AND TRY TAKING SOME BATHS. THOSE CAN USUALLY RELAX YOU FOR A LIL WHILE
    wifey334

Answer by wifey334 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2008