Parents of Earl Bradley's Victims

I have read a lot of comments from people saying we were crappy parents for taking our children to him and especially bad if he was allowed to left alone with a child. People just don't understand how much of a master manipulator he was how he presented himself as the safest person you could ever leave your child with. People tend to forget that most abusers are people that are close to the family. He wasn't just any doctor either, not a dentist or ENT, he was our pediatrician! The one person you think is safe. Anyone who reads this please consider that we, parents of patients, already feel like huge failures for even putting the tiniest amount of trust in this monster, for realizing we sat there in the lare of a demon willingly and happily letting him "care" for our children. I did not leave my child alone with him but I understand how others did.  For other moms of his patients please know you have my support and sympathy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• The parent are victims as well. Good luck to you.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• No half decent parent would EVER leave their child alone with someone they thought in a million years would molest their child. The man was a pediatrician, and the level of trust you have with your doctor wouldn't lead you to think "child molester". I feel terrible for the parents and the children.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2011